Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tyler The Creator Under Fire

WARNING CONTINUOS EXPLICIT WORDS, whole post

Tyler the Creator, in the media's eyes, is now the black version of Eminem.


So, GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation), an LGBT group, has decided to speak out against Tyler The Creator for his word chices. They claim he says the word, or a variation of the word, Faggot 213 times, or at least it is said by someone over the course of his most recent album "Goblin." Lets see how the word is actually used why dont we and the word count.

After listening to and reading the lyrics to Goblin, this is my count (mind you these are approximate number but they are pretty close):

Fag or Faggot - 13 (breakdown below)
Himself - 3
Religious Right Wing - 1
Hating On people who've hated on him - 5
His Dad - 1
Actually against LGBT community - 3

Other Words:
Gay - 1
Homo - 0
Cunt - 2
Pussy - 7

Finally The Grand Finale
Bitch - aprox. 159

I didn't count Fuck or N**** but I imagine they're high.

For a total of around 182, I dont know what other words they were counting.

“I’m not homophobic. I just think ‘fa**ot’ hits and hurts people. It hits. And ‘gay’ just means you’re stupid. I don’t know, we don’t think about it, we’re just kids. We don’t think about that sh*t.” - Tyler The Creator

Like he said Faggot hits people. GLAAD is using Faggot to get people interested, as marketing, so people will read about the article, they are twisting facts to support their own agenda. Don't get me wrong, I fully support the LGBT community, but when an organization, any organization, twists something to benefit themselves its up to other people to actually display the facts. They might not be specifically using it themselves, but other people and bloggers are taking and running with it. If there is really a "problem" word on this album it's Bitch and other misogynistic themes, but since when did the Bitch become a synonym for Faggot? I agree that he could lay off saying so many cuss words but when you are going to go after someone say why, don't say he is homophobic, or imply it. Check your facts.

HERE IS THE MAIN ARTICLE

22"s

1 comment:

  1. Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a
    sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She
    placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her
    ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely
    off topic but I had to tell someone!

    Feel free to visit my website :: cheapest health insurance

    ReplyDelete