Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Alternative Hip-Hop


Title pretty much says it. Hip-Hop songs that have been covered by an alternative band/artist, which lets be honest, almost anything can be described as alternative. Regardless I'm a huge fan of the first two and warming up to the third one, let me know what you think.

Heartless - Kanye West (The Fray Cover)

One of the best remakes ever, ever ever ever. You've probably heard it but still freaking epic.

Day n Night - Kid Cudi (Sugar Ray Cover)

Room mate showed me this freshman year and I've been revisiting it since, great cover.

Whatever You Like - T.I. (Anya Marina Cover)

Song's a lot different, but pretty seductive, I can dig it. I'm a little depressed this was made famous by Gossip Girl (Three way make out scene) but what can you do.

1 comment:

  1. Dude. I really love the alternative hip-hop. That shit is shit. I LOVED the Heartless covered by the Fray and Sugar Ray was sick covering Day and Night! Good point son!
    -Brittany

    ReplyDelete