Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Carter IV


So tomorrow is the big official release of The Carter IV. Some one asked me today if Im excited, to be honest, no, not really. I like lil wayne but all his pervious albums where alright. Best thing to come out by Weezy was No Ceilings Mixtape. The old mixtapes were pretty sweet the previous albums were ok, and the last one, Rebirth was disgusting. Not in a good way that album sucked so much. Drop the World was sick but I'm over that song. 6'7" was sick but I'm over that too. Too bad it hasn't even come out on the album yet. When Drake was first received and picking up popularity Tunechi put out the No Ceilings mixtape to make sure no one forgot about Weezy. He put it together really quickly, faster than most people put together their best work. But thats the problem with wayne. You can tell he is incredibly talented but he seems to have no motivation and no longevity. I'm sure people disagree with me but I firmly believe that if he decided to sit down and actually put all his energy and focus into his music the result would be the most influential piece of music in the last decade. Will he do it? Hopefully. In the mean time I'll listen I'll appreciate but he will never be among one of the greats until he cuts out the YMCMB shit.





22"s

No comments:

Post a Comment