Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Otherside of Macklemore


I'm feeling the conscious rap recently. I move back and forth between the party rap, the gangsta rap, but I always return to the underground/under-appreciated/conscious rap. There are several kings of the underground, Immortal Technique and Classified are a couple of my eternal favorites, but recently a good friend of mine, George, brought back a voice I hadn't heard in a while.

Otherside - Macklemore x Ryan Lewis ft Fences

Has to be one of the most incredible songs ever, no question in my mind, counteracts the part of lil wayne I hate. I'm not pretending to be above what lil wayne talkes about, but there is a difference between listening it while participating and listening to it while you walk away. People get caught up in it and dont know how to respond, they get sucked down captured and all for what? a story? a friend? what does it take to say no and move on? Its hard, trust me I know, and if you're feeling shitty find solace in songs like this.

p.s. Macklemore made the cover of XXL's Freshman issue, I'm gonna give my opinions on that soon.
22's

No comments:

Post a Comment